Potatoes are considered to be the main agricultural crop, which has been grown in household plots for many years. Therefore, most vegetable growers want to have a universal variety: productive, tasty, resistant to diseases and pests, not very late. For all these parameters is suitable variety Koroleva Anna.
Description of the variety and its characteristics
Breeders from Germany brought the potato variety Queen Anne, who breaks productivity records and according to the description it is adapted for cultivation in regions with adverse climatic conditions.
In the Russian Federation, it passed all inspections, proved itself on the positive side and included the State Register in the Middle Volga region in 2015.
Shrubs plants average height, stem type. Large leaves are painted in saturated green color, slightly pubescent. Inflorescences with white petals, densely covered shoots.Yellow pulp has good taste.
Tubers are elongated, oval, differ in density, smoothness and yellow skin. Small-sized eyes are planted shallowly, almost on the surface. The flesh is solid in structure, colored yellow with good taste.
Queen Anna belongs to the early ripening varieties, 70 days pass from the moment of first shoots to technical ripeness. One of the most high-yielding among vegetable culture.
|Average / maximum yield||395/500 c / ha|
|Mass of one tuber||85-100g|
Secrets to why this variety of potatoes conquers vegetable growers, lies in the following qualities:
- high yields;
- excellent taste characteristics;
- active germination of seed material and ripening of root crops;
- good resistance to major diseases and dangerous pests inherent in this culture;
- long-term preservation without loss of taste, subject to proper storage;
- excellent transportability and keeping quality harvest;
- variety of universal purpose, eaten after heat treatment, suitable frying, cooking soups and chips;
- source of nutrients that can protect against many diseases.
Step-by-step guide to growing vegetables
Traditionally taken to plant potatoes in the beginning of Maywhen the soil is well dried, otherwise air access to the tubers will be difficult. The planting dates for this variety fall on the third decade of April - mid-May.
Secrets of the successful cultivation of the Queen Anna varietyWhen choosing a site, it is worth making the choice more illuminated.
The direction of the landing ridges is from north to south, this will allow the potato rows to warm up under the rays of the sun. Comfortable growth of culture will provide black soil, peat, loam and sandy cakes. Soil should be characterized by ease and friability.
For landing apply whole tubers of medium size free from damage by insects and diseases. Before planting, seed must be heated, germinated and greened in the sun. After which process the tubers with growth stimulants.
Stages of the landing process
- Prepare ground in autumn in the selected area, by digging the beds and applying organic fertilizers, which can serve as rotten manure or compost. In the spring, fertilize the land with nitrogen fertilizers.
- Dig landing holes or make groovesso that the distance between the planting units is not less than 20 cm, since the variety develops many tubers.
- Put one tuber in each well, a larger amount will cause the fruits to be small, and the yield will decrease.
- Potato Fissures Immediately fall asleep. For yields make soil mulching. Immediately after working on the top of the furrows, sprinkle peat, the thickness of which is 3 cm.
Basic care activities
Characterization of the variety involves the following agrotechnical methods:
- regular watering, during the formation of tubers, which begins in the phase of bud formation and flowering;
- cutting off flowers on shoots for the successful development of tubers;
- careful hilling, as the roots of the plant lie close to the ground;
- systematically loosening the soil around the bushes to enrich the soil with oxygen and improve the access of moisture and nutrients;
- weeding for the destruction of weeds that are detrimental to the culture;
- fertilization during the period of growth of the tops, during the flower buds and at the time of flowering to accelerate the formation of tubers, using both minerals and organic matter;
- constant inspection of the plant for diseases and pests and, when detected, the corresponding operations.
Among the variety of potato varieties, Queen Anne deserves special attention due to its positive characteristics and healing properties. A healthy vegetable grown on a bed will serve as a tasty ingredient for a large variety of nutritious and nutritious dishes.