For centuries, people have been treated with plants. Sometimes we do not even suspect how many useful properties the grass or berry, inconspicuous in appearance, has.
One of these useful plants is irga. Nowadays, a small number of people know about it, but in the Middle Ages it was actively used by healers and healers to prepare various drugs.. Let's take a closer look at the beneficial properties and contraindications to the use of this unique berry.
Appearance and halo distribution of the plant
Irga belongs to the shrub decorative garden plants of the genus Apple, the family Rosaceae. The scientific name of this plant is "аmelanchier", in the Celtic language means "honey". You can also find such a name as "mistress", which is more common among the people.Irga Krugolistnaya
There are almost two dozen different varieties of this plant. This is a tall shrub with leaves of deep green color. The fruits of shadberry are red-purple round berries of small size, sweet in taste. Their maturation occurs in the middle of summer. The average lifespan of this shrub tree is 60 years.
Irga grows in northern Africa, America, central and southern Europe, as well as in Japan. In Russia, shrubs can be found in many regions, but it is most common in the Crimea and the Caucasus.
The composition and beneficial properties of irgi for the human body
Irgi berries are widely used for therapeutic and prophylactic purposes. They include many vitamins and microelements that have a beneficial effect on the human body.
- Phytosterolscontained in the berries, have anti-sclerotic effect, strengthen blood vessels, reduce the fragility and fragility of capillaries and prevent the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
- Thanks to pectincontained in an irga, the gastrointestinal tract is restored, appetite improves, toxins and carcinogens are removed from the body. A decoction of these berries also helps to relieve stress and fatigue, normalizes the work of the nervous system. In addition, irga is an excellent immunomodulator.
- Vitamin C helps fight infections, improves metabolism and lowers cholesterol levels.
- Bioflavonoids (Vitamin P) help maintain normal blood sugar levels, prevent blood clots and support heart function in coronary disease and hypertension.
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2) actively participates in metabolic processes, normalizes the work of the sebaceous glands and is necessary to maintain normal vision.
Berries are low calorie (43 kcal), due to which they are actively used in weight correction programs.
Harm and contraindications: who should not take irgu?
The benefits of irgi obvious, but it can harm the human body if used in the following cases:
- the presence of diabetes (the berry is rich in carbohydrates, which can lead to a sharp increase in blood glucose);
- obesity (excessive consumption of berries can lead to an increase in body weight);
- low blood pressure (components contained in the fruit, reduce blood pressure);
- susceptibility to skin rashes (Irga can cause strong reactions in allergy sufferers);
- low blood clotting (substances that are part of the berries, contribute to the dilution of blood).
In childhood, the consumption of shadberry should not exceed 50 grams per dayotherwise there is a risk of allergies.
The use of irgi in traditional medicine
In folk medicine, irga has found wide application. Decoctions, teas and medicinal infusions are prepared on the basis of the fruits, inflorescences, leaves and bark of this plant.
Apply irgu in the following cases:
- heart disease, high blood pressure and varicose veins;
- poisoning and diseases of the digestive tract;
- elevated blood cholesterol and cholesterol plaques;
- diseases of the nervous system and fatigue;
- prevention and complex therapy of diseases of the organs of vision;
- low vascular permeability and increased capillary fragility;
- ARI and ARVI;
- periodontal disease and bleeding gums;
- diseases of the bronchopulmonary system;
- body recovery after illness;
- purulent wounds, burns and abrasions.
In the listed cases you can use fresh berries, take irgi juice, diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 1, or prepare tinctures. Medicinal teas are made from flowers and leaves, and for external use in treating wounds and burns a compress from the bark of the plant bark is necessary.
Irga helps not only to alleviate the condition in various diseases, but also nourishes the body with useful substances, and also has a healing and rejuvenating effect.
When can irga harm?
Even a healthy person who uses iruga for restorative purposes can be harmful to their health with excessive consumption of this product. What can happen in this case?
Among other things Irga has a strong sedative effect.. Excessive consumption of juice, tincture or tea can lead to drowsiness, loss of strength and decreased attention.
There may also be signs of allergy, even in individuals who have not previously suffered from such manifestations.
When consuming shadberry in combination with dairy and dairy products the digestive system is impaired, leading to discomfort, bloating and diarrhea.
Recipes decoctions and teas with leaves and berries
Traditional medicine offers a huge number of methods of preparation of therapeutic drugs based on berries, flowers, leaves or bark of irgi. If you have health problems or to fill the balance of useful trace elements in the body, you can use one of the following recipes.
Flower infusionFor the preparation of infusion flowers irgi must be dried
The tincture is prepared on the basis of vodka, but those who do not tolerate alcohol can replace it with water. For the preparation of therapeutic agent will need to do the following:
- put in a small pot or liter jar 2-3 tablespoons of dried flowers;
- pour 2 glasses of vodka or boiling water;
- if alcohol is used, need to insist drink for 3 daysin the case of boiling water - wait for cooling, pre-wrapped container with tincture;
- when the drink is drawn, it is necessary strain.
The tincture is taken 3 times a day, taking one tablespoon 15-20 minutes before meals.
Berry JuiceJuice from irgi berries
The juice from the berries can be consumed fresh, diluted with water, or canned. Prepare canned juice in this way:
- berries are washed thoroughly and let them drain the excess water;
- pounded using a pestle to a state of mashed potatoes;
- squeeze juice in a juicer or manually using cheesecloth;
- bred juice more sour berries (since the sugar content is high in sugar, you can add cranberry, cherry or currant juice);
- warm up, but do not bring to a boil, and roll in hot jars.
Before you start canning, you need to pour the banks with boiling water. It is recommended to drink juice on 50-100 gr before meal.
Berry tinctureInfusion of berries irgi
For the preparation of healing tincture of the berries of irgi, you will need a glass jar and high-quality vodka. Prepare a drink in this way:
- berries bring up puree state using a pestle;
- ¾ jar filled crushed mass;
- pour vodkaleaving a space of 3-4 cm from the neck of the vessel;
- insist 2-3 days in a dark cool place;
- filter and throw away the remnants of the berries.
Keep this tincture better in the cold. It is recommended to take a remedy 3 times a day., a tablespoon before eating.
Leaf based teaTea from the green leaves of irgi will provide a sound healthy sleep
For making tea, it is better to use fresh leaves, but in the extreme case, dried ones will do as well.
A few leaves of shadberry pour boiling water and allow to brew for 15-20 minutes. You can add 1 teaspoon of natural honey. Flower tea is also prepared in the same way.
It is better to use tea in the evenings, it perfectly soothes the nervous system and provides a healthy sound sleep.
Decoction of barkThe bark of shad irgi used in diarrhea
The decoction is not only for indoor use, but also for external use. With the help of compresses, festering wounds can be treated and burns can be treated. For the preparation of funds necessary:
- chop the bark by means of the coffee grinder;
- pour into pan 2 tablespoons of the resulting powder and pour 2 cups boiling water;
- put the dishes on a low fire and boil the remedy for 15-20 minutes;
- cool drink and strain through a sieve or cheesecloth;
- add 1 cup cool boiled water.
Take tincture 3-5 times a day for ½ cup. If the product is prepared for external use, it is not necessary to dilute it with water.
Like any medicinal plant, Irga can be invaluable to the human body when used correctly, and may also harm. For this reason, you must follow the rules for the preparation of therapeutic agents and control their dosage.