Gooseberry contains in its composition a lot of vitamins and beneficial trace elements.
Positive effect on the body use of both fresh berries and juices, decoctions and infusions prepared on their basis.
Also in folk medicine is widely leaves of this plant are used.
Calorie berries, the composition of vitamins
100 grams of berries contain only 45 kilocalories.. But at the same time they contain a huge amount of vitamins and minerals:
|Vitamin||Amount in 100 grams of berries, mg|
|Mineral||Amount in 100 grams of berries, mg|
The program “Live is great!” Will tell you about the beneficial properties of gooseberries:
Useful and healing properties for the human body
Gooseberry is very useful for the human body.therefore, it can very often be found in the composition of various therapeutic agents used in traditional medicine.
The beneficial properties and influence of the berries are as follows:
- They strengthen blood vessels, thereby improving the condition of the human cardiovascular system.
- With regular use reduces the likelihood of diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, atherosclerosis, venous and heart failure.
- The risk of hemorrhage is also reduced.
- The natural hormonal background is getting better.
- Stabilizes metabolism, assisting in weight loss.
- When eating gooseberries, you can normalize the emotional background and restore the body after mental overload.
- These berries will help improve immunity.
- Gooseberries can speed up the digestive process by stimulating peristalsis.
- Improves the production and outflow of bile.
- It has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- It also regulates the amount of cholesterol and glucose in the blood.
- Able to slow down the aging process, providing a rejuvenating effect.
- Together with honey, gooseberry helps to get rid of colds.
- A decoction of the berries helps to get rid of both diarrhea and chronic constipation.
In addition to gooseberry berries in medicine are actively used leaves of this plant. They are included in the composition of many herbal and as follows affect the human body:
- promote crushing and removal of kidney stones;
- help get rid of sclerotic plaques;
- have a beneficial effect on blood circulation;
- metabolism improves;
- if you wipe the wound with a decoction of gooseberry leaves, it can have an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect;
- it also helps stop bleeding;
- promotes weight loss, splitting adipose tissue;
- regular use of decoctions or teas from gooseberry leaves improves mood and hormones.
Health benefits for men, women and children
Gooseberry is very useful for both adults and children. Women recommend use these berries at any age. They contribute to:
- improving the general condition of the body and normalizing hormonal levels during menopause;
- reducing the unpleasant effects and manifestations of menopause;
- stabilization of the nervous system;
- the appearance of a regular menstrual cycle;
- Also, the use of gooseberries will help get rid of excess weight.
Fresh berries especially useful for men in adulthood. They have a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system:
- decreases the risk of heart attacks and strokes;
- blood circulation is improved due to tissue regeneration;
- decreases the likelihood of diseases associated with weakening of the heart muscle.
Pediatricians recommend include gooseberries in the diet of the child, starting at 7 months of age. Jams, juices and purees from this berry are introduced gradually to avoid allergic reactions.
Gooseberry will fill the children's body with essential vitamins. and trace elements:
- improves metabolism, helps get rid of obesity;
- reduced risk of skin diseases;
- immunity and the general health of the child increases.
Pregnant women recommended eat gooseberries, starting from the first trimester. These berries affect the body as follows:
- there is an enrichment of vitamins, both the woman herself and her unborn child;
- reduced risk of anemia, kidney disorders;
- puffiness decreases, the gooseberry promotes the removal of salts from the body.
Also gooseberry very useful for people with diabetes:
- substances contained in berries contribute to a decrease in the level of glucose in the blood;
- accelerates the healing process of wounds;
- Regular consumption of gooseberries helps control blood sugar levels.
Gooseberry positive effect on the skintherefore, it can often be found in various cosmetic products.
- unripe fruit is a good way to fight freckles and pigmentation;
- ripe berries are used to make nourishing creams and masks.
You can also use them in order to get rid of dark circles under the eyes. To do this, first apply fresh fruits cut in half to the problem area, then cucumber, previously soaked in milk.Gooseberry used in the fight against freckles and pigmentation, helps get rid of dark circles under the eyes
Gooseberry is a part of many medicines used in traditional medicine:
|Diseases of the biliary tract||From gooseberry it turns out very good bile infusion. 2 cups of crushed fresh berries pour 750 milliliters of hot water and insist in a thermos for 5-6 hours. The resulting mixture is filtered and take half a glass 3 times a day before meals.|
|Chronic diarrhea||1 tablespoon of berries is poured with 250 milliliters of boiling water and boiled for 10 minutes over low heat. Take one glass of broth per day, dividing it into 4 parts.|
|Diarrhea||Freshly squeezed juice berries take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day, while drinking plenty of water.|
|Colds||100 milliliters of gooseberry juice is mixed with 50 milliliters of honey. This mixture is drunk every time before a meal, it relieves inflammation of the throat.|
|Arthritis and arthrosis||To get rid of aching pain, during the night period a compress is applied to the joints with gooseberry tincture. 300 grams of crushed berries are poured with 250 milliliters of vodka and infused in a dark place for 3 days. Then the infusion must be filtered.|
What harm can cause contraindications
Gooseberry is a very useful berry, therefore its moderate use cannot harm the body, but there are still contraindications to use:
- It is not recommended to use the fruit of the plant during the exacerbation of peptic ulcer
- Also, this berry is forbidden to include in the diet with the appearance of inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Recipes for tea, infusion and gooseberry leaf decoction
Great benefits for the body can bring tea, decoction and infusion of gooseberry leaves.
Leaf decoction helps quench thirst, promotes healing of ulcers in the mouth:
- 2 tablespoons of crushed leaves pour 600 milliliters of water and bring to a boil;
- then you need to turn down the gas and cook for 5-7 minutes;
- ready broth is cooled, then filtered.
Doctors advise to refrain from the use of this broth for 2 weeks before and after surgery.
Infusion also has a positive effect on health. To make it you need:
- A tablespoon of finely chopped leaves is poured with 200 ml of hot water and infused in a thermos for 30 minutes;
- then the resulting infusion is filtered and taken chilled.
Leaf Tea Gooseberry is prepared according to the following recipe:
- 2 teaspoons of dried leaves and 2 teaspoons must be mixed and pour 200 milliliters of boiling water;
- the resulting mixture is infused for 5 minutes;
- Lemon, mint or honey can be added to tea before use.
Tea from a mixture of dried fruits and gooseberry leaves perfectly tones the body and relieves fatigue: 6 teaspoons of crushed berries and leaves are poured with 300 milliliters of hot water and left for 7 minutes.
Due to the rich composition gooseberry brings great benefits to the whole body. The systematic use of the berries and leaves of this plant will help to avoid the appearance of most diseases.