The pink cheeks variety tomato has appeared on the market not so long ago, however, it has already become popular. Its taste according to the description is so stunning that the tasting will surprise even the experienced gardener. Fleshy fruits are beautiful not only in taste characteristics, but also by external data.
Description and characteristics of tomato pink cheeks
Tomato Pink cheeks - medium early grade. Fruits of pink or red appear later 110-115 days after planting seeds. Shrubs reach a height of 80-90 cm. Variety is not standard or hybrid.
The annual plant is sufficiently resistant to fusarium and verticillary wilt. Medium early variety was bred by breeders in Russia. To date, tomatoes are successfully grown in Ukraine, Russia and Moldova.
The advantages and disadvantages of the variety
If the taste characteristics of tomato are satisfied with the preferences, then you can collect seeds for planting with large fruits. Tomatoes perfectly retain their shape, which is very convenient during transportation.The average weight of the fruit of the variety - 200-300 grams
The main advantages of the variety include:
- universality of cultivation (open ground and greenhouses);
- resistance to most diseases;
- high yield;
- wonderful taste characteristics.
Deficiencies in Rosy Tomatoes not visible. They grow well and delight the crop in greenhouse conditions and open ground near Moscow, in the central part of Russia and in the North-West.
If you take care and care for the plants, following all the rules and recommendations, you can grow a rich crop of pink tomatoes.
Sowing seeds for seedlings
Seeds must pass before planting manganese processing. After that, it is important to rinse them under running water and sprinkle with earth. Compliance with these conditions will allow the plants to harden and subsequently avoid the appearance of many diseases.
As soon as sprouts with two leaves appear, it is necessary to hold dive. Do not over-humidify the air too much, which will adversely affect seedlings. A high degree of moisture provokes the appearance of dark shades rot on shoots.Tomato seeds Pink cheeks
After the appearance of sprouts will need:
- To transplant to the land containing coconut. Leave the container with seedlings in a warm place and wait for the growth of the root system.
- Carefully control watering time. In no case can not pour tomatoes.
- Every 3 weeks until the transplant into the open ground, carry out fertilizing using fertilizers of the universal type and nitrogenous substances. More frequent feeding is prohibited, as the flowers of annual plants will later turn black.
- 6-8 days before transplanting into open ground temper young shoots. To do this, containers with seedlings are taken out on the veranda or on the balcony.
Transplantation of tomatoes in open ground
It is recommended to transplant seedlings into open ground later. 60-70 days after the first shoots.
If plants are transplanted into greenhouse conditions, then the process of their transfer can be assigned on the first of may. If the transplant is made in open ground, it is better to wait up to May 20 until the threat of unexpected frost is over.Transplantation of seedlings into the open ground is made after May 20
To prevent infection of annual plants, it is recommended to take into account the crop rotation. It is desirable that in front of the tomatoes land plot occupied by the cultivation:
Pink cheeks are ideal for growing tomatoes light soil mixture, consisting of:
- mineral fertilizers;
Set the stage can be as follows:
- In late March-early April, we dig the ground.
- Sprinkle humus.
- We add a small part of mineral fertilizers.
- We pour mixed humus, compost, soil and fertilizers into each well.
- Also it is necessary to sprinkle the soil with potassium sulfate, ash and superphosphate.
- With proper preparation, tomatoes with ease to take root and quickly grow roots.
Considering the special reaction of the variety Pink cheeks to unexpected frosts, it is necessary to adhere to the planting technology. Its essence is planting seedlings obliquely.
Such a requirement allows you to protect plants from frost and provide an opportunity to build a new root system. Inclined planting method will ensure that the seedlings successfully survive the frosty days.
In cold weather, the underground part of the stepsons will remain intact, and will continue to grow. Stems at the same time will give new roots. Frozen parts of a tomato can be removed with a knife. Harvest after frost appears a little later (for 7-12 days).
Grade care after transplantingFor variety bushes it is necessary to carry out the correct garter and formation
Proper shaping and careful garter to support will allow to grow a heavy crop of tomatoes. To get the desired result of sowing you will need to adhere to the basic rules, namely:
- Bushes planting schemes 40x50 cm. Plant density should not exceed 4-5 pieces per square meter.
- Formations in one or two stalk.
- Timeliness of watering and feeding plants. Watering is recommended with warm water. Top dressing is carried out 3 times per season. In cases where the bushes grow greens, and there are no blooms, you should feed the tomatoes using a phosphorus-potassium mixture.
- Careful pasynkovaniya.
- Loosening the soil after watering.
In this case, it is advisable to use the solution boric acid. It will not only help the fruit to fasten faster, but also prevent the occurrence of phytophthora.
Spraying flowers and leaflets with boric acid should be strictly followed by a ratio of 20 grams to 20 liters of water. Before mixing the acid it is necessary to dissolve it in a cup with hot water. The resulting mixture can be poured into a bucket and mixed. After spraying you can see how the number of buds will grow.A solution of boric acid will help the fruit to fasten faster
Problems with growing plants can occur in cases where:
- the earth contains a large amount of fresh organic matter;
- distance between bushes less than 45 cm;
- landing site is in the shade;
- soil is too wet;
- the soil is very dry.
Diseases and their prevention
Tomatoes Pink cheeks practically not affected by diseases. Only in rare cases can plants have a disease with fusarium or late blight.
To prevent the harmful effects of pests on tomatoes should use an insecticidal drug.
Gardeners reviews about pink cheeks
The last time on the advice of a friend planted a tomato Pink cheeks. I like to grow new items. I liked the variety very much thanks to his resistance to disease and frost. I will plant more.
Growing tomatoes Pink cheeks is not the first time. I like their high yield, unsurpassed taste and rich pink color.
I grow tomatoes for sale. I like the pink cheeks very much. It is not only very tasty, but also beautiful retains its shape during transportwhich is important for me as a seller.
Bought on the market a few new varieties of tomatoes. Most liked tomatoes Pink cheeks. Their juiciness, sweetness and elegant appearance deserve the best praise.
Bought to the cottage tomato pink cheeks. After the end of the season I can mark it. high yield and extraordinary sweetness fruits. Next year I’ll definitely buy some more seeds.
According to reviews experienced gardeners can be noted stable rich harvest. The most important thing is to ensure proper care, timely watering and loosening the soil. The grade Pink cheeks can be grown up both for personal consumption, and for sale.