Planting at the correct distance provides the plant with comfortable conditions for obtaining a good harvest. Novice gardeners plant a vegetable crop under the line, experienced - by eye. Pepper - capricious culture, you should follow some recommendations for its cultivation. In this review, we consider how to properly and at what distance to plant seedlings of this vegetable.
Terms for planting pepper in open ground
Pepper seedlings are a capricious culture, so it is very important not to overlook important points. By the time of landing on the garden the seedlings should have 8-10 leaves. Allowed with the formed buds, when the pepper blooms, it cannot be transplanted. This is due to the fact that during the flowering period it will be difficult for the plant to take root in a new place.Pepper seedlings are planted in open ground, usually at the end of May, when the night frost minutes
Flowers may fall off, and the seedlings will not be taken. There are also temporary periods when you need to start planting, and when it is too late. Depending on the region, these dates may vary. For landing on open beds, the average temperature should be at the level of 15-18 ° C heat.
It is necessary to wait for the threat of spring frosts to pass, otherwise the plant will develop poorly due to the low temperature of the soil. The likelihood of developing diseases will increase. Seedlings of the Bulgarian and bitter peppers are planted in late May. In order not to be afraid of night frosts, be sure to cover the film or diapers.
Is it possible to plant bitter and sweet peppers two pieces per well
Gardeners often ask the question, how many peppers to plant in the hole? Planting 2-3 pieces is advantageous; many gardeners practice this technique. Having tried this method once, it usually stops there. The paired method gives good yields. The method of landing in pairs in one well has many advantages:
- of two bushes more likely that one will take root if the second is damaged by a medvedka;
- steam seedlings hold tight, binding together, in the process of growth, does not require a garter;
- in this way, plants are better pollinated, the people used to say "pepper likes to whisper";
When growing seedlings in a pairwise way, you need to take into account the fact that growth of one root can produce small fruits. If two different varieties grow mutually pollinating next to each other, hybrids can turn out. Both options have their advantages. Gardeners make decisions for personal reasons.
Landing preparatory work
Any plant in the garden requires nutrient soil, it must contain a sufficient amount of humus. How to understand whether home soil is suitable in the garden and where to plant? Land from the garden you need to take in hand. If it is loose and crumbly, then the plant will be comfortable. Preparatory work includes the following actions:
- Required loosen the soil well to rob, remove grass and garbage.
- Mark the place of the future beds. Measure out the desired distance between the rows.
- Plenty of water trays with seedlings on the night before planting, so it will be easier to separate from the containers.
What to put in the hole
To feed the plant from the root, it is best to put a garden mixture inside each hole. Prepare it from ash, sawdust and organic fertilizer (manure, bird droppings). Manure take autumn. It is necessary that he was lying down and froze through several times. If you take a fresh fertilizer, it can burn the seedlings. Inside the hole, it is enough to add one zhmenyu garden mixture.Preparation of a garden mixture of ash, sawdust and organic fertilizer
Some simply deposit ammonium nitrate under the root. Experienced gardeners, To scare away from the root of a bear, lay broken eggs. In addition to the protective function, the shell nourishes the bushes with calcium. To the roots do not rot, if the soil is not loose, sypyat peat or humus.
Rules for planting seedlings in open ground
- It is better land in the late afternoon when the sun sets If this is done in the heat, the seedlings will quickly wither, its recovery will be difficult.
- Well, if it rains during this period, then the soil will be wet. Vegetable culture will be easier to adapt.
- If the seedlings are own growing, before planting the trays must be taken out in advance. Let her get used to the open atmosphere.
- Peppers should be well watered then it will be easy to get them out of the pots.
- Remove the bushes from the pots need to carefully. Planting along with the soil in which she grew up. This will help the plant to transfer stress more easily.
- If the seedlings purchased, it is necessary Store in a cool place. Roots should be wrapped in wet cloth.
- If desired roots can be treated with a growth enhancer. Stimulants will help to quickly take root and develop properly.
At what distance to land
The distance between the rows should be 50-60 cm for stunted varieties, and about 70 cm for bulky pepper bushes. Between the bushes 25-30 cm If planted heavily, the plant will not receive the right amount of light. It is difficult for the bushes to care, it will be difficult to loosen the soil and fertilize it.Scheme of planting pepper seedlings in open ground
Pepper conditions and peculiarities of care
Since planting requires careful care, when the bushes root, it will be easier. If the bushes eats medvedka need to fight with it. In place of the missing bushes to plant new ones. Further care consists of the following points:
- the soil should not dry out;
- provide regular loosening;
- once in 2 weeks feed;
- water in the morning or in the evening;
- plant loves sprinkling but not in the heat;
- if their diseases are noticed, need to be treated;
- tear the peppers from the bush gently so as not to damage it;
- large bushes and with abundant harvest better tie up.
The basis of care and maintenance in the garden requires a certain skill that comes with age. Studying useful recommendations, it is possible even for a novice gardener to grow this crop from seed and collect a good harvest from a bed.
If you do not take into account the importance of the distance between rows and plants, it is impossible to achieve rich harvests. Do not plant too close. Bushes planted thickly will reach up. The rarely planted peppers, both sharp and sweet, are affected by drought. In all, the planting distances existing among gardeners should be observed.