Onion variety eksbishen submits subtle aroma and delicate flavor. He is a true masterpiece of breeding. From the large onion family it is distinguished not only by its taste characteristics. The exhibition is a real giant, it grows up to 1 kgand who undresses him does not shed tears.
Description and characteristics of onion Exhibition
Onion Exhibition - Dutch miracle, owned by the company Bejo Zaden. Has: onion weight 0.5 - 0.9 kgyellowish head color; oval shape; the neck is graceful, the husks are thin.Giant Onion Variety
- sweet, sweet delicate taste;
- lack of typical onion smell after use;
- dense and juicy texture;
- short gestation period;
- seeding opportunity spring and winter;
- good as a turnip and on the green feather.
- short shelf lifeno more than 4 months;
- complex agricultural engineering cultivation.
Growing - which method is best for home
Grow salad exhibition on the garden is available to everyone. When complying with the exact requirements of agrotechnics, it shows excellent results. Grow it in 3 known ways: seed, seedling and planting seedlings. We study them in more detail.
Sowing seeds is not difficult, while bulb grows to 300g. In order for seedlings to be friendly, it is necessary to know the basic rules for sowing them in open ground.Onion Seeds
For the cultivation of onion seeds will need: toilet paper, paste, fertilizer, antifungal drugs.
Step by Step instructions for preparing seeds for sowing
- cut toilet paper equal to the width of the bed (approximately 0.8 m);
- paste on strips dotted, every 5 cm;
- on wet paste put onion seeds;
- leave for 24 hours for drying;
- in a day reel tapes into rolls;
- store blanks in a plastic bag until the landing.
Paste making recipe
in ½ cup cold water dilute 1 h / l of starch, put the mixture on a small fire, cook stirring until a thick mass is formed. Cool it down. Apply AVA fertilizer.
Before planting seeds, you need to dig up the earth, loosen, remove weeds and process any antifungal drug, Fitospirin solution will be suitable (1 st / l per 10 water).Planting onions with seed tapes
In the prepared ridges make grooves, 2 cm deep, put seed tapes into them and sprinkle with loose soil.
How to plant seeds in the spring
There are no clear recommendations on what time to seed onion seeds in open ground correctly. It all depends on the region of cultivation. In southern conditions, this may be the month of April, in the middle zone and Siberia - the middle of May. The most important condition is the warmed up soil + 10С and the absence of night frosts.
Sowing seeds for the winter
The method of winter sowing of onion seeds has proven itself well in practice. When sown before winter, it quickly sprouts and is more immune. Seeds can be sown in the ground when the ground is already slightly frozen.Planting seeds of onion Exhibition for the winter
- On a sunny plot prepare a high ridge of soil mixture with humus and sand, weeds removed.
- In a hollow depth of 2cm sow seeds thickly observing the aisle 20 cm. Density in the spring can be thinned out.
- Sprinkle with earth 1.5 cm and pour warm water from the watering can. Watering holes should be small so as not to deepen seeding. You can use a garden sprayer.
- Promote a peat bed, straw, sawdust for 2 cm. Mulch will help save the future spring shoots from the cold, retain moisture and resist weeds.
- When the snow falls sprinkle them a bed, creating additional protection.
- In the spring, when the snow melts re-mulch as necessary. Further care is the same as in the spring sowing.
Seedling method, planting in open ground
This method is more time consuming, but it is he who guarantees the best results of the harvest. At the end of February or at the beginning of March, seeds are sown for seedlings at home..
- wrap the seeds in a thin cloth and immerse in warm water, you can add fresh aloe juice;
- extract from water and to dry keep in the shade for 3-4 days;
- carry out decontamination a weak solution of manganese 1g / 1 l of water at a temperature of + 40 ° C;
- sow the seeds in the landing container over the earth;
- use purchase soil for bulbous cultures or cook it yourself in advance from the turf land, driving the mullein (rotted) in a ratio of 10: 9: 1;
- sprinkle seeds ground 1.5 cm;
- water heavily water from a pulverizer;
- to create greenhouse conditions;
- put the container in the shade for 7-10 days.
As soon as the first shoots appear, remove the film and put the seedlings on a sunny window-sill, preferably the south side of the house. The following conditions are necessary for active and healthy growth of seedlings:
- air temperature + 20С;
- airing the room 1 time in 3 days;
- watering with warm water with mineral fertilizers every day.
Thus should grow sevok from a long feather of 10 cm in 2 months. 14 days before planting, take out seedlings during the day to fresh air for hardening.Onion seedling ready for planting
Ready seedlings can be planted in the garden in early May. This will require a well-lit area with suitable drainage soil. Acidity of the soil should not be acidic. Manure before planting seedlings do not contribute, it contributes to the looseness of the bulbous culture. In the wells to plant seedlings at a depth of 2.5-3 cm according to the scheme 20 to 30 cm further carry out standard care.
Proper planting onions sevke
Sevok is planting small onions. From them the best crop turns out. Sevok can grow yourself from seed or buy in the store. They plant sevok spring or winter, observing the above conditions.Planting onion shooting Exibishen
With a thick sowing of seeds, you get a great tree for planting for the next season. Before planting, sevka is soaked in manganese solution and treated with antimicrobial agents.. The rest of the care and cultivation fits typical descriptions and requirements.
Soil for planting
The variety of Onion Exhibit is demanding on the soil. It should be light, loose and nutritious. Suitable soil with humus at the rate of 2 buckets per 1 sq / m with the addition of fertilizers based on minerals and finely crushed charcoal. You can add river sand.
Follow-up care includes: watering, feeding, weeding and loosening the soil. It should be noted that the primary seedlings will be thin, like grass, and they are very important access of oxygen to the root system. Soil dry crust or weeds can ruin all the labors.
Watering and lightingIf the watering was properly organized, the bulbs will be tasty and juicy
Onion Exhibition - capricious in terms of moisture and sun. It is important not to fill it, but also not to allow the soil to dry out.. Moisture should be moderate and the water heated. To keep it in loose soil you can resort to the mulch method. To do this, you can use straw, sawdust, wood rotten, paper. Water as the soil dries, depending on weather conditions. In the dry summer watering is carried out daily in the evening.
Sunlight is one of the main conditions for growing onions. For its productivity it is necessary to choose the most lighted area.
Weeding and loosening
Loosen the soil on the bed with a bow is required 1 or 2 times a weekCarefully, without damaging the delicate roots. Remove weeds as they grow manually.
Top dressingNitrogen, potash, phosphate and magnesium fertilizers should be used to feed the Exibishen onion.
To get a good harvest the plant should be fed. As a fertilizer for the onion Exhibition organic (mullein and chicken droppings divorced in water) or mineral fertilizers based on porcelain, nitrogen, magnesium and potassium (1 time in 3 weeks) observing the standards.
Harvesting and storage
The harvesting technology of the onion salad leaf is similar to the bulb onion. When the green has died and dried, then it's time to remove the onions from the groundotherwise he may take new roots. Usually this time falls on the second half of August.Onion harvest
For harvesting choose dry, sunny weather. Extracted bulbs need to be slightly dried in the sun.and then dry it thoroughly in a dry and dark place (for example, in the attic or in the barn).
Onions including the variety Exibichen are subject to certain diseases, some of which are not treatable:
- Rot - frequent fungal disease. It infects the bulbs from the inside, starting from the bottom and makes them slimy and soft. There is no treatment. Sick bulbs need to be destroyed.
- Golovny onion. Translucent stripes of dark ash color appear on the feathers. If such leaves are removed as quickly as possible, then the disease can be defeated. In the future, it is impossible to plant this place, for 3 or 4 years there will live the spores of the fungus bunt.
- Nematode stem. This is a small worm that eats bulbs. A sign of its vital activity is twisted and bleached onion feathers. At the same time under the ground bulbs rot and crack. Sick plants need to be removed and burned. In order to avoid further nematodes, it is necessary to process the kidney with lime powder and use quality material for planting.
- Onion fly. She lays eggs on scales and in the soil. Harm to the plant is caused by its larvae. Damaged bulbs become soft, begin to rot, and shoots turn yellow and dry. Activation time of the onion fly May-June. You can fight it with tobacco dust, with the addition of ash and black pepper. It is possible to carry out dusting or spraying this infusion. Also help insecticides broad-spectrum. Experts recommend taking preventive measures in early May.
- Golovny onion
- Lechinki onion flies
- Nematode stem
- Neck Rot
All gardeners are advised to at least once grow onion Exibishchen on the garden by any of the proposed methods. Boldly plant it on a sweet and large onions, on juicy greens or on sevkah, for the subsequent cultivation of the largest bulbs. Observing the requirements of agrotechnology, it will be possible to savor a useful and very tasty harvest grown by our own hands before the New Year.