Tomatoes, like all the vegetables that grow on our beds, are subject to a variety of diseases that cause fungi and bacteria. One of the most common among them is phytophthora. Although it will bring a lot of problems to the tomatoes, it is still possible to fight it and overcome it.
Methods of dealing with late blight on tomatoes
To combat the blight used a lot of both folk and chemical agents.
Chemicals for treatment and protection
Common chemicals include:
- Antibiotic Trihopol. 10 tablets of this agent are dissolved in 10 liters of water and sprayed with bushes. The first time they are processed, when the tomatoes are at the stage of formation of ovaries, and then the procedure repeats 2 times a month.
- Iodine. It is an antimicrobial agent. Because gardeners love to prepare a milky-iodine solution, which will easily help you get rid of phytophthora. To prepare it, take 10 liters of water, a liter of milk and 20 drops of iodine.
- Zelenka. 40 drops of this product are dissolved in water and sprayed with tomatoes.
- Potassium permanganate solution. This tool is an excellent seed antiseptic. They are placed in a gauze bag and immersed in this solution for 40 minutes. After that, washed with water and dried thoroughly.
To effective folk methods include:
- Garlic infusion. To make it, take 200 g of minced garlic and dissolve it in a glass of warm water. After 24 hours, the substance is filtered and poured into 10 liters of water, adding there is also a gram of fermented milk potassium. For treatment it is necessary to sprinkle tomatoes.
- Milk solution or whey. Any of these dairy products is diluted with water in a 1: 1 ratio and, since July, the bushes of tomatoes are regularly sprayed with such a means for protection.
- Salt solution. They need to process and protect more green tomatoes. This tool forms a kind of film that will prevent the penetration of infection. To prepare it, a glass of salt is dissolved in 10 liters of water.
Step-by-step processing of tomatoes from phytophtoras
The soil in the greenhouse must be in the fall disinfect blue vitriol. If the plants have already been infected with phytophtora, then in the greenhouse the ground should be removed with a thickness of about 5 cm.
It should also be remembered that evaporation occurs in the greenhouse and there is stale air present, and this favorably affects the development of bacteria. Therefore, be sure to regularly ventilate the greenhouse to protect plants from disease.
Open field maintenance
Planted plants should not be too thick, so as not to happen rapid infection with late blight. But if there is not too much space in the greenhouse, then a tomato should definitely tear off old leaves, because they are the favorite habitat of this disease.
In order to prevent the outbreak of blight, it is necessary, first of all, to follow the rules of watering. No need to pour water on the leaves. It is necessary to water the plants at the root.To prevent the occurrence of phytophthora, a tomato should be watered only at the root.
If it has already happened that the tomatoes could not resist this disease, then treatment should be carried out to save them, provided that no rain. Sprinkle tomatoes need in the evening or in cloudy, but dry weather.
Be sure to strengthen the immunity of seedlings of tomatoes, before planting them in the ground. For this resort to the following measures:
- before planting the plants are treated 5% solution Bordeaux fluid;
- in half a month by arceride;
- another half a month with basezol;
- After that alternate 2 last means.
- Bordeaux mixture
The best remedy for late blight
Very effective in the fight against late blight are:
- Ridomil Gold. It protects the tomatoes outside and prevents the penetration of fungi into the tissues. To prepare this solution, you must take 10 grams of the product and dilute it in 4 liters of water. They begin to process plants during the growing season, and then repeat every half month.
- Thanos. This drug has many advantages, as it is resistant to flushing and has a therapeutic effect, killing mushrooms. For its preparation take 12 g per 10 liters. Spraying is carried out in the same way as Ramidol Gold.
- Revus. It is also resistant to precipitation and has a healing effect. 6 ml diluted in 5 liters of water and sprayed the plants, starting with the growing season. The treatment is carried out 3 times every 2 weeks.
- Ridomil Gold
How is the prevention in the greenhouse
Of course, as in the case of other diseases, the easiest way to carry out prevention than endlessly deal with blight.
The main preventive actions include the following measures:
- Prevent Neighborhood tomatoes with potatoes.
- It is not necessary to plant these vegetables on the same revenge for several years in a row.
- Also, do not plant tomatoes in the place where where did eggplants, pepper and potatoes grow.
- It should not be too often and abundantly watered tomatoes.
- Required remove bottom leaves a tomato so that they touch the ground as little as possible.
- Pull up the weeds, as they retain moisture.
- Do not saturate the soil with nitrogen supplements.
- When a very long time the soil retains moisture, it is imperative to perform weeding.
- After harvesting, do not leave the tops to winter in the garden, it must be burned.
How does the disease manifest itself
Detecting signs of phytophthora on tomatoes is not at all difficult:
- spots appear on the underside, after which leaves turn brown and fall off;
- the shoots of the plant and its fruits also turn black;
- first the vegetables become hard and then softer and softer until they start to rot. So the whole fruit may disappear.
- Phytophthora on the leaves
- Damage to the fruits of tomatoes
When to process the first time
After planting, the plants are sprayed again after 12 days.
Can I take seeds from sick tomatoes
Studies have shown that oospores die at 50-degree heat, so if you hold the seeds about 2 hours at this temperature, they will be decontaminated.
Remember that for planting it is better to use the seeds that were collected about 3 years ago. During this period, all viruses will die, and you will get clean material.
Conditions for the development of the disease
Tomatoes are easily infected with blight from potatoesand there are plenty of conditions for the development of this disease.
The most common of them include:
- flood rains that last about 3 days;
- sudden changes in temperature day and night with a difference of 8 to 12 degrees;
- the dew that comes from these temperature drops;
- lack of sunlight and heat;
- thickened landing;
- excess nitrogen.
How to cultivate the land after the disease
In the spring, before planting, be sure to cultivate the land from phytophthora. For this take 3% copper sulphate and they water the land.
Then you should thoroughly loosen the soil. To do this, use a special device that will help stir the top cover with a thickness of 25 cm. In this one of the best helpers will be a Tornado. It has an unusual shape and is very effective and easy to use.
And the final stage is watering the soil. phytosporin. For this, 1 tbsp. means dissolved in 10 l of water. This dose is designed for 1 sq.m.
Be sure to remember that substances that contain copper can get into the food, because they should be used only in early spring.
Is it possible to eat sick fruitsIf you roll the affected tomatoes in banks, they can spoil
Do not be afraid to eat tomatoes affected by blight. The disease is not transmitted to humans. However, black spots spoil the appearance of tomatoes, and eating them is very unpleasant.
They may increase the acidity, and will multiply a variety of microorganisms, because of which the taste of tomatoes will be spoiled completely.
Varieties resistant to infection
The resistant varieties before the blight include: The gift of a brother, De Barao, Vilina, Liang, Roton.
As you can see, dealing with blight is easy. You just have to choose the means you like and get to work. However, you should also follow the dosage, because exceeding the norm harm the tomatoes themselves.